An Africa where precision agriculture is the hallmark of every farming enterprise.
The system works by counting the quantity of similar products available for sale in a given geographic area. Once a critical level is reached, a message is sent out through multiple channels to potential buyers in high paying markets. The buyers bid for the produce and the one with the best price is offered the produce. Once a buyer has won the bid, the sale price is communicated to the farmers. The farmer receives 90% of the sale price, less expenses, which include a 5% commission for the aggregator. In this way, farmers enjoy the best market prices available countrywide.
- An interested aggregator enrols on the platform as a commodity supply specialist.
- The participating aggregators are vetted by the local authorities and provided a certificate of familiarity to enable them visit farmers in search of farm produce.
- The aggregator posts available produce on the platform, giving indications of quantities available, price requested and date of production/harvest.
- Registered aggregators are trained on quality checks and will deliver produce of acceptable quality and age at a designated collection centre.
- The aggregators get paid an agreed percentage per commodity delivered.
To identify, promote and multiply appropriate tropically adapted crop and livestock germplasm as well as technologies and best practices that maximizes productivity for farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa.